Monday, September 29, 2008

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!
We headed to Charleston for a nice weekend and make good time getting there. We had dinner with Dave and Liza and hung out at the house. Dave showed me his new exhaust system on his motorcycle and put together the best looking bike on Trek's project one website. So, Saturday Dave was going to meet me at the bagel shop and ride his motorcycle over to the group ride since he had to work. Then the fun began. We had to wait on Nathan for 15-20 minutes since his new puppy decided to get the squirts. We rolled out of the post office and 500 meters down the rode was a cop with the lights on. Dave went by him and he followed him. Thinking he was after a big truck in front of Dave he pulled over for the officer to pass. No, he pulled over and gave Dave a ticket. Nathan, myself and one other guy are late and hauling ass to get there when my stomach started killing me and did not stop till Sunday. We met the group and all is well? No, We get to HWY 17 to cross and Davis Lee and others get hit with pennies and Scott has a glass bottle shattered off the back of his helmet. Everybody is ok and said we should call it a day and go drink beer. We keep rolling and I am feeling pretty good and about 2-2.5 hrs in we are in a double pace line talking when in a flash everybody scatters I look forward never hitting the brakes and get hit by a car that did not stop at the stop sign. Thank goodness I stopped the car so no one else could get hurt. The lady was so upset and all the guys took care of me. My bike and body where ok accept for the road rash and a trashed rear tire so we pressed on. I made back to the house, got cleaned up, had lunch with Dave and went to the beach. Watched football that night and hit the group ride Sunday and beach then headed home.
I should be ready for Greenville now since I have all the crashing behind me. Will see !? I hope !!!

No comments: