Thursday, September 18, 2008

Last week went as I expected at the Asheville Grand prix. I held on to the main field for 23rd. Having been sick for the prior 2 weeks I can't complain. My attention has also been focus on a bigger competition this weekend. 12 hours of Dausett in Georgia mountain bike race. I will be in the 2 man team division with Dave who is riding single speed. Now the whole idea is to go and have fun??? That is what we keep saying but we also have been trash talking. This will be my second MTB race so I was going for the expedience a training..........until Dave said he was running a single speed. Now I feel that I will have to step even more and not mess up. The pressure comes from me being a beginner and him being a pro. How's that for a mix? Either way we will win and have fun.
I also found out this week that I have an opportunity to join a team for 2009 who will help tremendously. We are still working out the details but it sounds like a go and I am more motivated than ever and plan on having the best season ever in 2009.
Shawn may participate in the 12 minutes of Dausett this weekend. He has been doing well in school and we have open house tonight. I have taken him to the cub scout meeting for the last two weeks and thought he would join but said last night he did not want to. We will keep trying to get him to join since it is a good program that he could learn a lot from.
Need to get back to work but should have a story to tell after this weekend.

No comments: