Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kellie got me. Dave and Liza came up as planned and Dave and I got a solid 4 hr MTB ride in on Saturday which gave the girls time to prepare for a supprise birthday party. He took me on a epic ride out of Mills River almost to the back door of Pisgah Inn. To bad we forgot the camera it was a pretty day. We climbed around 4000-5000 ft we suspect. Dave got to see a bear and I got to work on my outstanding offroad techniqal riding abilities. Okay the truth......I held on for dear life. We miss calculated our timing though partly due to the trail conditions being quite rough. We were to be back at 5:30 but did not get to the car till 5:45. Thank goodness the gang understood. Dave was instructed to drive back and I was to blindfold myself upon nearing the house. This was the first for being blindfolded, but as I was lead to the back yard I was greeted with the surprise of a party and friends.
Kellie and Liza out did themselves!! We enjoyed the evening and called it a night. Kenny and his family came over from Knoxville and they stayed the night as well as Dave and Liza. Liza prepare an awesome breakfast dish for us the next morning and the plan was to ride but a rain set in. We decided to stay dry and everyone gathered up and headed home.
Kellie and I took the rest of the day to regroup and I got a big 45 min. ride in. This weekend was certainly a good time.
Looks like we will be in Knoxville this weekend celebrating again for mine, Steve's and Shawn's birthday and a bike race. I will also have to get ready for the 12 hrs of Dauset coming up in a few weeks which I am looking forward to trying. For now I just need to recover from the weekend, us old people have to rest you know.

No comments: