Monday, September 22, 2008



12 Hours of Dausett was suppose to be all about fun and no pressure on ourselves, just go and have a good time.....Yeah right! Dave started with the lemans style start and got fifth place going into the woods. We did two lap rotations which was about an hour and a half. I set the fastest lap time for the two man team division on my first time out. Both of us had a rough second set, I was cramping bad. We used our heads recovered from it and went back to work. At the 6 hour mark we continued from there on to put time on second place for the rest of the race. We ended up winning by over 20 minutes. I have been told that the kid in the kenda jersey was a national champ and the guy in the red was an expert class. I never had and problems the whole race accept for the fear on being taken out by a deer. They had some crazy ones that liked to run in front of me. We finally packed up and headed to Dennys and back to Dave's sister in laws house around 2am. This was a great experience and one of the best supported races I have ever been to. The park and trails where excellent and the weather could not have been more perfect. Kellie and Shawn had a great time and I don't know how many miles Shawn put on his bike. Thanks to my partner and family for an awesome first endurance mountain bike race!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good
http://icelenafa.blogspot.com/