Monday, October 13, 2008

The season has ended

Went to Greenville SC for the final races of the weekend. I had a feeling I should have stayed home, the car hitting me has not helped me getting prepared. The Masters race was going well I was in the main pack with 10 min to go and the games began. I was watching the clock and not the lap counter and we passed the finish line and I heard one to go. The Field sat up so I went and as I was coming down to the finish line with a former world champ pulling me back as I saw 5 to go. I believe the announcer said one FREE lap to go, slight error on my part huh? The three race was packed and I never got it together, so I went to the van, changed clothes, walked into Mello Mushroom, ate and drank a pitcher of beer and staggered back to the van. I started the season dizzy and ended it dizzy ! The next 7 days will be with the family with camping this weekend and come Monday the 20th the training begins.
This has been a heck of a year. I want to thank my poor wife and son who put up with me and to all my friends and sponsors for the help and support.

No comments: