Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Concord NC day 5 of the Cross Roads Classic. The course was super fast and the turns were tight. Typical attacks which I countered one early in the race but was brought back and was having fun. With 6 laps to go and one up the road I attacked thru the finish line went around the field thru turn 1 and 2 and committed to the experience of my life so far in racing. I was able to keep the feild off till the line. The crowd was going wild and the announcer was fueling the fire. As I was coming to the line they were charging hard and as I threw my bike at the line and looked up and a wheel came into view. I must have held them of by a bike length for my first second place in a crit. All of the hard work and sacrifice was justified in an instance. As I called Kellie and Shawn who were crying and shouting for joy I felt the best I have in a long time. Dave was next to call and totally understood the moment and feeling.
Today there is a chance for rain here in Salisbury. I am going to go spin the legs and rest for tonight and do it again.

No comments: