Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The day after in Salisbury was not so kind. I did not have the legs and could only hold on for a 32nd. Got home around midnight and passed out.
Friday took an easy ride, did laundry, made repairs, repacked the van, picked up Shawn and headed to GA. Met up with the Charleston crew that night. Saturday morning Dave and I started working on the bikes at the motel. Went to the race sight and helped the guys get ready for the team TT. We thought they were going to dominate and they had a great ride however they were unable to get the placing they wanted.
Shawn did well after going into turn one about 10th a girl crashed and gapped him from the leaders. With his cat like reflexes he got thru the mess and went to work on bringing the leaders back. He rounded the last turn and coming up the finishing straight he caught the leader at the line and got first while the crowd went nuts.
Dad raced two races with out any drama. The heat was really affecting me. I got 8th in the first race and 13 in the second which both paid out. I looked at the computer Monday and the avg. temp during my race was 104 degrees. That would explain the way I feel. Dave pulled out 8th and Carl got 9th in the road race Sunday, so they got in the money as well.
All in all it has been a good time and now it is time to rest in order to be ready for TN this weekend.

No comments: