Saturday, July 12, 2008

Last weeks adventure turned out to be a good time for me. Dave came up Tuesday and we got to got to etowah for the Tuesday night smack down. We got a good MTB ride with Kent in Dupont. Put in 100-150 miles on the dual sports. Friday rolled out to KY and stopped in Norris TN for a road ride and was able to show Dave some new country and found some new roads in the process. We decided to soak or legs in the river after the ride and that was the coldest water I have ever been in. Made it to KY safe and the KOA provided the base camp for us with good accommodations. Saturday went for a 3 hr ride on the back roads and found some great country. Sunday I was surprisingly calm and felt the best I have all year. The race was fast and full of attacks which I was able to respond. The winning attack went and I tried to hang but fell of the wheel. I guess the 2 months of recovery from the broken collar bone caught up with me.I tried getting the chase group to organize but with out any luck. Ended up 30th overall and got 11th in the Field sprint. I finally walked away from a race with the feeling that I put it all on the line. Next year pending no injuries I will make the break and be there for the finish.
Dave however had a great race making all the right moves and looking like he would be the guy to beat. HOWEVER turn 3 on the last lap the gentleman from Crank Bros. team decided to lay down in front of Dave who was 4th wheel going into the sprint and D hit him at 40mph and broke his fork off. Other than some scratches he came out ok.............I think it made him mad!!!!!! Next year we have some business to finish in Louisville..........359 days left. Good luck to the competition, we're coming back!

No comments: