Monday, January 12, 2009

ABRC overall points cup winner

It is official, I won the ABRC cup for 2008. It's not the tour but it made me reflect on the past few years. It wasn't long ago that I just wanted to finish a metric cookie ride. Now I want to top 10 masters nationals this year. That is pretty impressive to me since I was the fat kid nobody wanted on there team. I could not be where I am without the support of my wife Kellie and son Shawn. That also goes for all of the people who have helped me along the way especially Cane Creek, Dave Hall, Wes Dixon and all the WNC riders that inspire me to get better.
The next chapter begins Wednesday night when my new bikes arrive. I have a new team for 2009 , Low Country Volkswagon and still the same determination to be better, show my son what hard work is and follow a dream.
In closing a special thanks to ABRC for there support and recognition of my accomplishments and good luck to all.....Robert

No comments: