Sunday, August 23, 2009

The black cloud still follows

The next day on the group ride we were heading home and I was crossing the railroad tracks I have crossed a million times and the next thing I know I am laying on my ass. Okay I am shook and bleeding but I think I will be okay for Chicago. We get to Chicago Wed. morning and I get to ride down to the course and see the city. Thursday I am going to meet the family in town and on the way I am t-bone from the left by a car going 35-40 mph. This was the hardest hit I have ever taken. Both legs a messed up, my right ankle is sprained and I have 2 broken ribs.....Game over. We got to see alot in Chicago for the rest of the week which was great. I am recovering slowly and got 7.5 hours in on the bike this weekend. I hope to get some more racing in this year and if I can get a cross bike, do some cross racing and get ready for 2010. I hope the run of bad luck is over, I am getting tired of being busted up!!!!!

No comments: