Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to Racing

I did the Tour de Moore this weekend and am glad to be back racing. My goal was to survive and get the system shocked back into racing. I was able to hold on till half a lap to go and was pleased with that seeing how we had 60+ in the Field and some heavy hitters at that. We split the Field and I came in around 30 or so. Yesterday I wasn't sure how the body was going to react and hit the local group ride. I got in 4 hours and was one of the two strongest guys out there. With that kind of performance I think my training will be good. My next race will be Highland rim classic which is all hills. It will be a training race so there is not any pressure. Then the Tour of ATL which I hope to do well in.
This weekend I am on call and we will be spending the day with the Scouts Sat. at a Boy scout camp. That will be a good time for sure and hopefully the rain will hold out.

No comments: